Eight Important Questions to Ask Your Agent
Qualifications are important and not all real estate agents are created equal. Finding a solid, professional Realtor means going beyond the resume and into what makes an effective agent. Use the following questions as your starting point in hiring your licensed, professional real estate agent:
- Why did you become a real estate agent?
- Why should I work with you?
- What do you do better than other real estate agents?
- What process will you use to help me find the right home for my particular wants and needs?
- What are the most common things that go wrong in a transaction and how would you handle them?
- What are some mistakes that you think people make when buying their first home?
- What other professionals do you suggest we work with and what are their credentials?
- Can you provide me with references or testimonials from past clients?
It’s important to find an honest Realtor with experience and knowledge of the area you want to buy into. This can save you a lot of headache and hassle during a very stressful process. Your Realtor should be a trusted partner to help guide you through this life changing event with your best interests and personal goals in the forefront of their mind rather than the amount of commission they may get in their pocket.
A good Realtor will help you find a home you like, but a great Realtor will help you purchase a home that you love, that fits your family’s needs and provides you with a firm foundation for your financial future. They will have a long list of happy former clients (who will return again and again as they move to new homes), trusted vendors that provided equally amazing customer service and a knowledge of your city and local housing trends to make sure you’re at the front of the pack when it’s time to make an offer.
You deserve to work with a professional that can provide you the best service, so make sure you ask any potential buyer agents these 8 questions to help find a perfect fit for you.